Despite difficult times, many chefs from the UK entered The National Chef of The Year 2021. Although the entry process had significantly changed, this did not hinder the enthusiasm and excitement from chefs eager to impress. From all entries the Craft Guild of Chefs received, judges had to select just 40 impressionable chefs to continue to the second stage. The revelation of who had made it into the second stage was done in a new and exciting way. Throughout the day the 40 selected chefs received our personalised Continental Chef Supplies chef jackets, along with this they were also sent dishes as a congratulations gift from Churchilland all the china can be used in the next stage of the competition.
We are happy to share the forty contestants that have fought their way to the next stage and the pictures they shared with us proudly wearing their gifted CCS personalised chef jackets, you can show them support by searching #NCOTY on Twitter and Instagram.
- Christopher Niven, Executive Chef. “So happy, got through to the 2nd stage of the @craftguildofchefs chef of the year 2020 hopefully the start of great things.”
- Andonis Paraskevas, Chef/Consultant. “Let's go, honoured to be part of this huge opportunity. Thank you so much to everyone that has supported me.”
- April Lily Partridge, Chef at The Ledbury. “What a way to start the day! Super excited to get to the next stage!!! Something to really focus on and a goal during this unprecedented time!!” #Letsgoladies! #NCOTY
- Elisabeth Passedat, Head Chef at The Cleveland Arms. “As I entirely practised from home for the #ncoty competition during the quarantine, the experience taught me that it’s not about where you are at, it’s about where your mind is.”
- Marcin Pomierny, Head Chef at The Maids Head Hotel Limited. “Third time in Competition Yes Yes I hope it will be lucky time. Top 40 in UK pushing for final!!! Thank you @craftguildofchefs @winepressrestaurant @maidsheadhotel_norwich @chefsdotnet @churchill_1795 #NCOTY
- Matt Ramsdale, Head Chef at The Chester Grosvenor. “SO PROUD & GRATEFUL TO OF MADE IT TO THE SEMI FINALS OF THE CRAFT GUILD OF CHEFS NATIONAL CHEF OF THE YEAR 2020 SEMI FINALS.”
- Stefan Sewell, Team Captain at Combined Service Culinary Arts Team. “Nothing beats a msg from the wife whilst I’m at work; however, with this pic attached!! Makes my day So Happy!!” #ncoty @craftguildofchefs
- Christos Siomadis, Executive Chef at Roseate House Hotel London. “So excited to pass to the semifinals! Ready for the next challenge...Good luck to everyone!” @craftguildofchefs #NCOTY
- Nick Smith, Head Chef at Vacherin/Ashurst. “So, this happened to me today, a chance to compete in the #NCOTY semifinals. I cannot explain how much being part of this means to me. So proud & thank you to @craftguildofchefs & all the support from everyone.”
- Lewis Spencer, Sous Chef at Davies and Brook. “Nice surprise in the post this morning! Onto the next stage in The National Chef of the Year competition.”
- Thomas Swaby, Senior Sous Chef at Roux at Parliament Square. “A Welcome parcel received this morning! Semifinals here we go! #NCOTY I will try to make it 2/2”
- Nat Tallents, Executive Chef, Fosters @ The Box Plymouth. “Looks like 2020 is going to end on a high, so many amazing things coming up in the next few months!! Today I’m so grateful to be one of the 40 chefs picked for stage 2 of #ncoty Thanks @craftguildofchefs Also proud to be representing women in the industry”
- Simon Webb, Freelance Chef. “Finally managed to track down my special delivery today after being at work #NCOTY Super proud to get through to the next stage! Loved the brief this year, @PaulAinsw6rth Thanks to @OsbornesFish for the support and getting me back to work!
- Fergus Wilford, Sous Chef at Corinthia Hotel. “Nice delivery This morning #NCOTY @Craft_Guild”
- Danny Young, Senior Sous Chef at Northcote. “Just received the news I'll be competing in this year's @craftguildofchefs National Chef of The Year.” #happyfriday #NCOTY
- Tim Zekki, Chef Proprietor at Duende. “A big thank you to @craftguildofchefs and the 11 judges for this. And thank you @chefsdotnet and @churchill_1795 for the goodies.”
We are thankful to all selected chefs for sharing and tagging us in their social posts proudly wearing their personalised Continental Chef Supplies jackets.