Despite difficult times, many chefs from the UK entered The National Chef of The Year 2021. Although the entry process had significantly changed, this did not hinder the enthusiasm and excitement from chefs eager to impress. From all entries the Craft Guild of Chefs received, judges had to select just 40 impressionable chefs to continue to the second stage. The revelation of who had made it into the second stage was done in a new and exciting way. Throughout the day the 40 selected chefs received our personalised Continental Chef Supplies chef jackets, along with this they were also sent dishes as a congratulations gift from Churchill and all the china can be used in the next stage of the competition.
We are happy to share the forty contestants that have fought their way to the next stage and the pictures they shared with us proudly wearing their gifted CCS personalised chef jackets, you can show them support by searching #NCOTY on Twitter and Instagram.
- Mark Austin, Executive Chef at Northwood HQ. Aramark congratulated him on qualifying for the next round of The National Chef of The Year, they also shared with us a picture of Mark wearing his well-deserved chefs’ jacket.
- Andy Bowler, Sous Chef at Petrus. Smiles all round when he took to Instagram with the excitement of getting through to the semi-finals, “Got through to the semi-finals of National chef of the year! Well chuffed!”
- Fraser Bruce, Head Chef at The Fish Shed. “Another year and another opportunity. Really happy to have been selected as a semi-finalist of the @craftguildofchefs National chef of the year. Hopefully go one better this time round.” Can he impress the judges for the second round?
- Tristan Downes, Head Chef at Craft London. “So happy got through now to the next step the competition as I’ve seen so far looks great great competition from chefs all over the place can’t wait.” We are excited to see how far Tristan can go in this competition.
- Ben Drake, Senior Sous Chef at The Elephant by Simon Hulstone. “Gassed to get this jacket through! Smartest one I’ve ever owned cheers @craftguildofchefs, excited to crack on with the semi-final brief and hopefully get a chance to wear it in the final!”
- Nico Fitzgerald, Head Chef at London Stock. “Was right in the middle of lunch service today when @maxbehzadi sent me these photos to let me know I was through to the next round of #NCOTY @craftguildofchefs good luck to the other 39 semi-finalists! Doing it for the team at @ldnstockrestaurant! Thanks @churchill_1795 and @chefsdotnet for the goodies.”
- Daniel Griffiths, Sous Chef at Portmeirion Hotel. “Nice little surprise in the post this morning, can’t wait for the next stage @craftguildofchefs #ncoty @chefsdotnet.”
- Elliot Hill, Head Chef at Panoramic 34. “Super proud and excited to receive this today @craftguildofchefs and entrance into the national chef of the year semi-finals. Can’t wait for the next stage.”
- Asen Ibrov, Head Chef at Silver Spoon. “Wow that's is an amazing news!”
- Matthew John, Chef Patron at The Waggon Inn. On behalf of Matthew, The Waggon Inn shared a picture of him proudly wearing his personalised jacket. “We have some fantastic news after a difficult few months. We are delighted to announce that Matt has made it through to the National Chef of The Year Semi Finals. Well done Matt we are all very proud of you.”
- Derek Johnstone, Head Chef at Borthwick Castle. “Absolutely delighted to have made it through to this year’s #NCOTY semi-final. Can’t wait to get cooking!!! @craftguildofchefs @borthwickcastle”
- Rob Marshall, Freelance Chef. “Huge honour being selected @craftguildofchefs #ncoty semi-finalist. Not at all daunted. Thanks to judges and sponsors for making this all possible despite ongoing difficult circumstances”
- Caroline Martins, Chef Patron at Sao Paulo Group Ltd. “I woke up to some amazing news: I'm one of the semi-finalists competing for The National Chef of The Year award alongside some of the UK's best and brightest chefs. What an honour! I cannot wait for the next stage of this awesome competition. @craftguildofchefs #ncoty.”
- David Millar, Head Chef at CH&CO. “So chuffed to get through to the next stage of the National Chef of the Year. The hard work starts now. Let's put Scotland on the map. #ncoty.”
- Graham Mitchell, Head Chef at The Newmachar Hotel. “After a hard day’s graft at work absolutely blown away to find the posties left an absolute game changer of a delivery!! Through to the semi-finals of craft guilds national chef of the year!!! Absolutely buzzing!!!”
- Saurav Nath, Development Chef at JKS Restaurants. “Today I am posting on Instagram, I have been selected as a Semi-Finalists in the @craftguildofchefs #NCOTY National Chef of the Year 2020 competition. I'm very, pleased and honoured to participate in this.”
Look out for our next article where we continue the social showcase for the remaining of the 40 NCOTY contestants. We are thankful to all selected chefs for sharing and tagging us in their social posts proudly wearing their personalised Continental Chef Supplies jackets.